Up your Tempo!
All-natural, gluten-free and delicious (ready in 10mins)
We celebrated National Baking Week with a recipe that showcases our sweet and zingy Tempo gel (yes, you can even bake with it!).
Chewy and sweet, these gingerbread-flavoured energy balls are loaded with superfood ingredients. A perfect pick-me-up after exercise, or a healthy snack for any time of day.
Almonds are a great source of high-quality protein, plus vitamin E, copper, magnesium, healthy omega 3 oils, fibre and antioxidants. A true powerhouse! The dried spices add some great autumnal warmth, as well as immune-boosting powers.
Fibres and proteins are further boosted with a combination of powerful seeds: flax seeds, pumpkin and chia seeds — making these Tempo power balls a fantastic, healthy energy choice.
They’re also gluten-free and vegan. Win win!
As for the Tempo energy gel — it’s crafted from just seven ingredients, including date syrup, ginger extract and Himalayan sea salt. It’s perfectly balanced to give a dual-source energy boost to your workouts, or to your recipes!
Makes 16 energy balls.
- Remove the stones from the dates and soak in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain but keep the water!
- Blitz the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor on pulse mode until you have a fine textured mix.
- Add the dates, Tempo gel, flax seeds and spices. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and forms into a ball.
- Check the texture by pinching between your fingers. It should be sticky enough to hold its shape. If it’s too dry, add some of the date soaking water a little at a time.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll between your hands to form into balls.
- Roll in chia seeds (optional) and shake off the excess. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the fridge to harden.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze for up to three months.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | of which sugars 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | of which saturates <1g | Sodium: 7mg | Fibre: 2g |
Gluten Free | Vegan |